Saturday, March 31, 2012

Project Move: Day 31 The Last Room Tackled

     The clouds blew quickly by my sky light and blocked out the sunshine.  It was going to be a wet, stormy day.   That was not going to stop me from my mission.  If I could repair the car stereo system of the Suburban, then I had the perfect vehicle for me.  I wouldn’t need another car and would just suffer the $6000 commuting gas expense.   I could carry my kayak and bicycle in the truck and just go to Lake Natoma every day after work and pick what sport that I wanted to do.
     Fry’s had originally installed the stereo system and attempted to repair it a few times, but the fuses kept blowing, so I gave up.  The Lt. Colonel mentioned way back when that it might be a short that was blowing the fuses.  I hoped that he was right. 
      After a few dead-end phone calls, I called Fry’s in Roseville to see if they were more competent than Fry’s San Marcos.  They directed my call to their car stereo department which never picked up the phone.  So I found Sundance Car Audio & Security on Google after many other phones calls.  It was only one exit away from me on Hwy 50, too. 
      They are a serious car stereo installation and repair business.  I explained what was going on, and the technician figured that by the time I got back from lunch that they’d have it fixed.  He figured right.  They found that my DVD player that Fry’s installed had an internal short.   I just had Sundance disconnect it, since I didn’t have little kids to entertain with the car TV anymore.
      Listening to my fabulous tunes from my car stereo on my way home, I was so thankful to the Lt. Colonel for giving me hope that my Suburban’s car stereo only had a short.  He was right!  I texted him and thanked him and added, “In just four days you changed my life for the better.  Whoever gets you will be lucky!”
      He texted me back telling me that I’ve done the same for him.  Because of me he’s going to follow his dream of buying a yacht and living in it on the coast.  What a wonderful dream!  Too bad it’s not on my current path.   My current path is settling in to landlocked Sacramento and doing my teaching ministry.
      So I focused on diving in to the last room to unpack, my office/sewing/storage room.  I managed to clear the room and organize it.  I found some stories that I wrote when I was in grade school which were fun to read and my math teaching material to bring to school on Monday.  Now I just have to return a few boxes that I’m not unpacking to that room, and I’m finished with my move.

No comments:

Post a Comment