Sunday, March 4, 2012

Project Move: Day 4 Rental Appointments

   Amazingly, my first rental appointment of the day is where I want to live.  An artist lived in this condo and custom painted art all over just about everything.  Most people would be overwhelmed, but I enjoy that the artist exudes her love of painting all over her home.  I love good painters!  Her family had to leave to relocate to San Diego for her husband's job.  I should just give them my apartment and trade! lol
    This rental also is located near Lake Natomis, a State Park, where kayaking is king.  There's a boat ramp, so I'm not sure if people water ski there.  That would be awesome to start water skiing again.  My sister has the 1978 Ski Nautique boat that I procured from a former competitive water skier that I was dating in the mid 1980's.  That ski boat is like a Porsche on the water!  My old Suburban could finally pull a boat after all these years of only carrying my kayak.
    The rest of the day I spent looking at other rentals to confirm that the first place was my "end all" rental.  I focused on Midtown, since it comes highly recommended.  Midtown was wonderful.  It's just too tiny and old.  I've gotten used to space to roam, a guest bathroom, and modern conveniences like good insulation from the summer heat.  I also don't want to take care of a yard. 
    The condo has an artistically designed courtyard which only requires pruning and fountain maintenance.  I'll enjoy it and love the fact that I don't have to mow.  I'm allergic to grass, so mowing is not an option.  Now I just have to get my financials to my prospective property management company, and I've got a new place to live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment