Monday, March 19, 2012

Project Move: Day 19 My Household Belongings Arrived at the Condo!

    The movers had to add another long carry ($$$) on the Sacramento side.  My gated community in Gold River must have a "don't" for 80ft semi trucks. So my movers arrived with my belongings at 10:30am after transferring them to a smaller truck.  I was very irritated with the Pentecostal moving quoter who missed so many large items in the quote.  It still was less than my other reputable mover, but off by $1700!  I wonder what it would have been had I not gotten rid of my master bedroom set and packed so much myself.
    It's truly wonderful to have all my belongings in one home.  After I moved from my house in La Costa, I had a filled storage unit and quickly forgot its contents.  I knew that my skiing/boarding helmets were lurking in there and that I couldn't go skiing without my helmet.  When I was a kid, I never wore a helmet, but those days are gone. 
     A helmet would have been wonderful to have worn during that skiing episode. Helmets, however,  are necessary now.  There are so many chaotic snowboarders boarding fast down the mountains.  I was one of them when I was snowboarding.  Now I just want to take it easy on my body.  Snowboarding falls are quite harsh on your body.  Mogul skiing---surfing the bumps---is much easier for me, since I did that for 30 years---ever since I was 7 years old.
     Taking it easy sounds good to me in general.  I would love for this move to be over, but now I have to unpack.  Looking at all the boxes I constantly ask myself why I didn't throw out more.  Looking at the boxes I wonder if I should unpack my china and doll collection, or find a place to store the large, packed boxes.  Looking at all the boxes I tell myself that I'm going to have to convince the owners to sell this condo to me, so I don't have to move again.  I loath the thought of moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment