Monday, March 5, 2012

Project Move: Day 5 Choosing Between Two Rentals

    Selby Ranch was a place where many of my friends lived when I was growing up, so I checked out a 3bd/2bath apartment there this morning.  It was really a beautiful place.  I decided to make that apartment my backup for the Gold River condo. 
    The apartment there is smaller, more expensive, lacks a garage, has covered parking, and is closer to work by 8 miles and 8 minutes.  The condo is some place that I could actually buy if I wanted to do so and is next to the American River, close to my sister, and close to Lake Natoma for kayaking.  I could also see if I can handle the commute from that area.  It should be about 30 minutes, but I have to test the traffic patterns more.
    Tomorrow the property manager of the condo will run my credit report.  His system was down today.  He apologized profusely and said that the credit report was the only matter holding up the deal.  Since Selby Ranch had run my report, and I know that it is fine, I basically have the condo!
    Since I had an apologetic property manager on the line, I set up a time tomorrow afternoon to see the property with him again.  Hopefully, he'll have my credit report processed by then, and we can close the deal.  Then I can finally fly back to San Diego with my project milestone accomplished---I'll have an address to which to move!  
    Oh, an interesting note:  the condo has a Rubios in walking distance of it---a little bit of San Diego I that can keep!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment