Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Project Move: Day 21 TV Splurge & a Homecooked Meal

   In desperate times relief is necessary.  My relief comes in the form of a TV.  Blair had given me an old TV that was outside, and we had to find a power cord for it.  When Drew saw it, he thought that it looked like a motel room TV.  He was right.
   The Best Buy salesman had shown me some Smart TVs and explained what they can do.  I was impressed.  I love the fact that you can access Facebook, U-tube, Netflix, Hulu, and a lot of other applications and use the TV as a TV.  I just couldn't bring myself to buy it yesterday.
    Today I thought about the money that I had put aside to live on while I was under employed as a substitute teacher.  I added up all the money that I've spent so far on this move.  I have enough money to buy a Smart TV and some new Alpine skis (my skis are from 1982 and are museum worthy lol).  So I bought a 40" Samsung Smart TV with 3D.  I'm going to have some fun and be styling in those 3D glasses!  Yay!
    My Comcast technician got it all set up for me, too.  He even fixed my wireless network, so I can use my computer in a comfortable chair.  He's a sweetie!  He even killed the wasps that nested in several spots in the eaves outside my garage.  :-) 
    Once he finished his work, I finally did my grocery shopping now that I know what room I have for kitchen storage---I completely unpacked my kitchen!  I made myself a salmon dinner with fresh, steamed green beans and a yam to celebrate.  I feel like this place is becoming home.   Life is good in Sacto now.

No comments:

Post a Comment