Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Project Move: Day 7 DMV, Safe Deposit Box, Lighten My Load

    A huge milestone escaped me today.  I wanted to decide upon a mover.  My third quote had serious computer issues and kept missing his deadlines until it was too late for me to call my best moving quote in hand.  The third quote didn't even send me the e-mail quote and it's late in the evening.  All words, no results.  I was kind and patient and now have lost a day.  No more.  This project will proceed tomorrow, and I will have a move out and move in date.
    At least I closed my Encinitas P.O. Box and my La Costa safe deposit box.  I also got my tax payments and DMV registration for one of my cars ready to be mailed and added a change of address notation.  I hate it when I move and the DMV can't find me in order to pay my vehicle registration.  I'll have to change the address for my other car in the next few days just so I don't forget about it.  My mail forwarding only works for 6 months and the DMV will be contacting me again probably in 8 months.  The fines were not pretty when I realized my tags were expired due to my mistake of not notifying the DMV of an address change for each car.
    I did get a response from Craigslist, so I've basically gotten someone to pay me $200 cash to take my master bedroom set from my former marriage away.  :-)  I'll just have to make sure that I have my cousins with me packing on Saturday, so I'm not alone when they come and get that furniture.  I'll have to remember to get a new stash of bear (pepper) spray from Sports Authority before then.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment