Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm Now a REI Guest Kilimanjaro Speaker!

   It's been in the works for several months, but I'm finally going to have my first speaking engagement at REI in Encinitas on February 28th at 7pm.  I'll be giving a movie slide show presentation of my climb to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro and my safari.  And yes, I'll be selling and signing books afterwards!
   Here's the REI calendar promotion:

"Join us for Isolde Ulrich’s Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb and Tanzanian Safari Movie Slide Show Presentation.  At 41 years old she successfully climbed to Uhuru Peak and wrote about it in her memoir, “The Romance of Kilimanjaro.”  She will explain how she trained and prepared for her journey of a lifetime, this REI Kilimanjaro Trip.  During this slide show, she’ll take you into a new world of peaceful freedom, international comradery, teamwork with her new Kilimanjaro family, unexpected challenges, and continual exploration that she discovered on her quest to the summit and beyond.  This REI trip changed Isolde’s outlook upon life forever and will change you, too---pole, pole. 

"Isolde Ulrich www.isoldeulrich.com thrives on creating original solutions to deal with the challenges set before her.   She became a biomechanical engineer at UC Berkeley, was their first female president of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and started the Stanford versus Cal Engineering Day.  She also has designed a now famous estate featured on MTV cribs, raised two children, taught religion, was voted one of the best landscape designers in San Diego County, and guest teaches math and physics."

P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment