Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

     Yesterday was quite therapeutic, as I cooked and prepared my traditional party fare for my New Years Eve party.  At the grocery store it just slowly came back to me.  "Oh, I used to make baked brie in apricot sauce.  Ooo!  They have mango jam now.  I can use that instead of apricot jam.  I used to make stuffed mushrooms with Rondele Herb and Garlic spread.  I used to make the best chocolate-covered strawberries.  I can make a vegetable torte.  I can ..... I can....."
     As I cooked and chopped and listened to my Rieger Klaus grand piano play Chopin, I was so happy.  Here I was giving a party to my old and new friends who had helped me this last year while I was restructuring my new life.  I didn't realize that the party was also a gift to me.  It made me remember that I didn't need a gourmet kitchen or a mansion to throw a party.  I just needed to have faith in me, remember that I was the one who planned and gave the parties before, and thank God for the friends that I have who love me just as I am.

    I started my New Year will a lot of joy.  I hope that you did, too.  Happy New Year!  We get to learn from our mistakes, remember what we do well, and start out a new year with confidence and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment