Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Great Rainy Day Date

    The weather wasn't the best for San Diego today, but we did get a tiny bit of the rain that we still need.  With these conditions I did have to come up with an idea of where to go on a date.  My gentleman friend, a retired Lt. Colonel of the Air Force from Ohio, did mention that he drove a Nascar, but it didn't pull the G's with which he's accustomed.  I've also driven a 993 Porsche for many years and miss the thrill of speeding, so K1 Speed in Carlsbad came to mind for our date tonight. 
     He had never heard of this type of serious indoor go cart racing.  He loved it!  He wants to bring it to the East Coast now.  He did beat me both races, but only at the most by 0.378 seconds!  When he returns to California, I'll make sure to take all my slack time out of my lap and close that gap, if not reverse it.
     Since it is Sunday everything closed down pretty early in La Costa, and we were really enjoying each other's company, so I wracked my brain and thought, "Where would teenagers go on a night like this?"  Then I realized, "The beach."  So I had him hop into my current two-seater sports car, my Chevy Suburban so stuffed with a kayak and surfboard that I only have two usable seats, and we headed to Ponto Beach.
     I parked along the highway instead of the State Beach parking lot, in case they locked up that parking lot.  While we were walking along the beach, we noticed the empty lifeguard tower.  We took two of my beach chairs and headed over to it.  It protected us from the rain and being spotted by the lifeguard truck patrolling the beach for people.  What a wonderful way to end the evening---sitting with a fabulous man while the ocean sang songs to us!  My heart is beating happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment