Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting My Son Off to College Again

    It's been wonderful listening to my son play his guitars and play the piano.  It's been wonderful watching Star Trek The Next Generation with him while we eat.  It's been wonderful going out to lunch with him on Sundays again.  I'm going to miss my big guy!
    It's back to being the single lady that a lot of people in my apartment complex keep an eye of safety upon.  God bless them.  Several told me about my car when another neighbor accidentally backed into it.  An older lady downstairs holds on to my spare key when I have to let workmen into my apartment while I'm away.  The young lady across the way is always so fun to talk to about bicycling and modern art, and I watch how she keeps herself safe with the door wide open when she has a workman inside.  We are a little community.  I never thought of living in an apartment complex, but I do like mine.
    My son likes the apartment, too.  Although it has presented some learning opportunities for him.  I'll never forget when he lost his whole set of keys at Stone Steps Beach last summer while I was away in Alaska for 12 days---his trial period to see if he could survive without Mom.  Fortunately, for him he left the apartment door unlocked.  Unfortunately, for him we live in a secure building which requires a key. 
     Eventually, he found an open outside door and got into our apartment complex.  Then he took one of our fire ladders and threw it off our balcony, so he (and anyone else) could always get into the apartment without a key!  Teenagers!  Gotta love them.  They just don't know what they don't know and make some pretty incredible decisions!  He'll probably never lose his keys again after that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment