Friday, February 17, 2012

Southern California Writers Conference

   Today was the first day of the Southern California Writers Conference.  I already want to stop working and write full time, and it's only been a few hours of inspiring speeches and writing critiques with other authors!  Actually, I'd never be able to endure the solitude of a life of just writing.  That's why I teach math---to be around people, but I'm in the writing zone now. 
   Here's a "first paragraph of a novel" sample that I created when the speaker showed us a sunset and said, "Write a hook with a heart."

    That line of the setting, blood-red sun stalks me.  It follows me no matter where I peacefully saunter along the rocky beach.  It's like God's spot light on me silently saying, "Do you really think you can say, 'No'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment