Monday, February 13, 2012

A Murphy's Night

    Today was just a day of patient acceptance.  The teacher that I've subbed for over the last 5 years was so sick that she had to reschedule her surgery to April.  She did keep me scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, since she needed to rest.  Surprisingly, she left me a lesson plan without the actual lesson in it!  She must have been very preoccupied and ill.  I'm happy that she trusts me enough to know that I'd make up a good way to teach the new subject matter.
    After tutoring my math student, my car decided not to start.  It has a finicky starter, but the starter works with the right turn of the key.  It decided that that was the moment to be contrary and die on me though.  So I waited 1/2 hour for the roadside assistant to show up.  He turned the key and low and behold the car started!  My starter just needed to rest, make me rest, and embarrass me, I guess. 
    Since the roadside assistant was getting paid to be there, he ran a diagnostic with this wonderful little 1.5 ft long panel and found that my starter, battery, and alternator were in good shape.  That's a relief!  I really wasn't looking forward to wasting a day and having the car in the shop to replace the starter.
    By the time that I got home and ate, it was too late to go to choir practice.  Bummer!  Our choir's alto section is dwindling drastically and every voice is needed.  May my choir director forgive God for throwing all the wrenches my way and me for believing that I wasn't supposed to go to choir practice tonight for some reason.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment