Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friends, Authors, and Kayaking

    My friends are troopers, and I LOVE them for that!  After three months I finally took my friend, Vanessa, out for her birthday breakfast.  It was wonderful to spend some quality time with just her and help her a bit with her yard design.  Her yard is about 13 years old and needs a plant-lift and a pool job.
    Unfortunately, I had to leave for a Local Authors Panel at the local Dove Library.  The library forgot to invite me to participate, but I decided to do some reconnaissance to see how many books the authors sold there.  They did sell some books, and it probably felt terrific to be on the panel and asked questions from the audience.  I ended up networking with a few of the authors, finding another potential PR person for my book, and meeting the Dove library representative who set this event up without me.  She said that she'd definitely invite me next year. :-)
    Once I returned home I made sure that Kathleen and I were still going out tonight and then set out to go kayaking at Ponto Beach.  I didn't use my dry top which was a bad decision.  The water is very cold this time of year.  This did make me surf the kayak into the beach without falling into the ocean though!

No comments:

Post a Comment