Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Prepping for My Tax Preparer

    Even after taking the day off work to prepare my taxes for my tax preparer, I still am not finished!  It's amazing how complicated my taxes have become even when I don't own a home anymore.  Though I'm incredibly organized with all my receipts, I had to chase down one of my two tuition statements for my two college kids.  That statement of qualified tuition went to my former address, so I never received it.  I was able to download it after my ailing daughter gave me her username and password to her university account, so she could rest.  I also changed her permanent mailing address to the new one while I was in that account, so I would get my legal tax documents in the future. :-)
     My accountant must still hate doing my returns even after I neatly organize it for her.  I work in three different school districts and a private school in the summer, tutor privately, invest in the stock market, and now sell books!  My income sources are rarely the same from year to year either, so my tax return documents are always different.  I joke with my students that I have career ADD. 
    One thing that has been consistent is teaching though.  I may have closed down my landscape design and kayak accessory business, but I've been a teacher for the last 5 years, because I love working with the next generation.  They're as complex and continually changing as my tax returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment