Saturday, February 11, 2012

Possible Return to My Childhood Neighborhood

   This new job opportunity in my home town is really appealing.  I just checked the commute from my childhood neighborhood that I loved, and it's only 20 minutes away!  I can afford homes in my old neighborhood, too.  I'd be able to see my childhood family and their kids much more.  I could be apart of their lives.  I would not be the missing sibling/aunt/daughter that is always blessed at Thanksgiving despite my absence with the hopes that I will return to the fold.
    The thought of the endless bike trail that runs along the American River being at my back door put a smile on my face.  Just having the American River at my back door would be awesome!  I could kayak on it there, since it slows down in that section.  I rafted down that river since grade school and know every turn it makes in Sacramento and how to read its ever-changing current.  What heaven I'd be in!  I'd just have to get used to the hot summers that get about 113 degrees F.  I could vacation then to avoid the heat. ;-)
    If I went biking and launched my kayak along the American River again,  I would have to have more self defense training.  I can't imagine the trails are any safer with all that brush in which the rapists use to hide.  I'll never forget the story when one would-be rapist stuck a stick into the spokes of a female bicyclist and made her fall.  She and her female friend that was riding with her beat the man up with their tire pumps!  I love that story! 
     Now all I have to do is get that math teaching job!

No comments:

Post a Comment