Thursday, December 1, 2011

Really, Would Jesus Want a Perfectly Decorated Christmas Tree?

    I heard a Christmas tree decorated with unmatching, sentimental, old ornaments called a white-trash tree.  I lovingly call it a Jesus tree!  It wouldn't be Christmas without my 18-year-old son's second-grade picture with glued on pretzels framing it at the top of the tree.  He's the only one that can reach the top of the tree without a step ladder, so he's in control of that section! lol 
    A Christmas tree is full of love---Jesus' and our own.  It's something in our house that makes us breath in, put on, and look at love during Christmas.  I have a lot of picture ornaments of my kids when they were growing up which makes decorating the tree full of good memories. 
    The kids were always incredulous each year when I gave the them their own special, store-bought ornaments.  They'd say, "Not more ornaments!"  Now they're adults and when they have their first tree, they'll be able to start their Christmas tree traditions with a lot of memories hanging on that tree in the form of unmatching, sentimental, old ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment