Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Kayaking Once Again!

    It's been toooooo long since I've kayaked!!!  First I had to get the mild concussion from the kayak hitting my head to heal.  Then I caught the flu.  I'm fine now and the day was sunny with little wind, so it was time.
 
    I took it easy, since I'm just starting to exercise after being sick and my arms are weak.  The surf was small for Ponto Beach again which made for an easy passage to the ocean.  A rogue wave did sneak up on me, but I paddled hard and bucked over it.
    After paddling for an hour it was time to return to the beach.  I missed a couple waves and decided to just paddle toward the beach.  Then a good wave caught me.  My position was a little low, so the lip broke on my head.  I managed to hang in there on the kayak while I couldn't see.  I could feel myself surfing.  Finally, the wave cleared my head, and I could now see where I was surfing.  I was surfing right into the new sand that they were pumping onto the beach from the lagoon.
 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment