Friday, December 9, 2011

From Loss of Direction to Precise Direction

    This morning I was ahead of schedule to get to my guest teaching math job at a local high school.  I checked with the high school's front office to see if they'd scheduled the interviews for the open position.  They had.  Though I've substituted for most of their teachers, I didn't rate an interview.  I was devastated, but still standing and smiling on the outside.
     After managing my way through the day at this high school which didn't consider me worthy of even an interview, I headed home thinking, "At least the kids and teachers are nice."  My preliminary CA math/physics credential is in dire need of clearing, but it's been 5 years without a contracted job offer which is the first step to do the clearing.  Thoughts of sending our governor, Jerry Brown, a letter asking him to clear my credential came to mind.
    Once I arrived home my estate planner visited me.  She'd read my book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro" and had all sorts of observations and questions.   I realized how important it is for me to write my second book and explain some more background knowledge.
    So I started the day with my teaching career slipping into oblivion and ended the day with God giving me clear direction toward the door that is open for me---writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment