Monday, December 26, 2011

There's Nothing Like Watching a Sunset Over the Ocean

    After 8 days of trying to get rid of the flu via resting and not exercising, I finally did it!  Today was so beautiful that I was having a dilemma about what sport I'd do to start exercising.  I wanted to kayak, but I was concerned about the cold water and a relapse.   I thought about biking, but my loop starts on a long uphill, and I want to gently start my exercise.  Then I remembered this great walking trail along the Batiquitos Lagoon.  The trail head was even near the post office, so I could send off my dad's birthday present!
    Lots of people were enjoying the trail that runs along the edge of the lagoon.  The birdwatchers and dog walkers were out in force.  I walked briskly to get my heart rate up and after 45 minutes climbed this hill to see if the old, secret rope swing that looks out over the lagoon and ocean was still there.  It was, but it was in really bad shape and couldn't be used.  I remembered how I used to bring the kids to this swing.  They just loved swinging off this steep hill high above the ground and back.  It's too bad that the kids of this generation don't have many fun outdoor surprises like this hidden rope swing.
    When I finished my hike, I drove down the coast highway to see the ocean.  It was so beautiful that I pulled into Ponto Beach's parking lot and pulled out a beach chair and water from my truck. My Chevy Suburban is my two-seater sports car, since only two seats are available due to all my sports equipment---my kayak and surfboard take up most of the truck. lol
    As I sat and watched the waves and the people, I relished all the beautiful blues of the ocean with the yellow line of the sun reflecting upon the water.  The waves were so small that I wished that I would have chosen to kayak, but there's always tomorrow!  Today though, I was just going to sip my water and watch the sunset.  It was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment