Thursday, December 22, 2011

$95 Antibiotics After Insurance!

   After 6 days of being sick with a flu that made it passed my flu shot, I finally got some antibiotics to combat it.  The antibiotics cost $95 after insurance!!!  I was really upset about my doctor prescribing me a designer antibiotic like that.  It was after 5pm, and I couldn't wait until tomorrow to have the doctor fix the prescription.  I needed to start it tonight.  I have to have a clear voice to sing for Christmas Eve.  The alto section desperately needs me.
    It was demoralizing realizing that a sick teacher got me sick and the antibiotics cost as much as I earned for that work day.  I also couldn't work three days this week for another school district, because I was too sick.   Catching the flu basically cost me $370!
   At least my grocery store visit ended well.  A former student took my groceries to the car and told me that he's becoming a manager!  He also mentioned that he was starting his own computer repair business.  I strategized with him about how to do both.  Being an entrepreneur can be challenging, because the income is so inconsistent and there are no group medical benefits.  After our long talk he gave me a hug. :-)  What a nice way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment