Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Do Satan Worshippers Celebrate Christmas?

    I was teaching at an alternative high school with a lot of Satan worshippers and had a mission to discover if they were going to celebrate Christmas.  I spied one alone in the corner and asked him.  He was.  I said, "But it's my Savior's birthday?"  He knew that I was a devout Christian.
   He just shrugged, "My friends do too." 
   Wow!  I walked away thinking Christ will find His way into the darkest places.  I also understood why the Catholic Church made Christian holidays in line with the pagan holidays---to slowly introduce Christ into their regular lives.  It's rare to have an epiphany on the way to Damascus like Saul and suddenly believe in Jesus.  It's more common to slowly discover Jesus like these Satan worshippers are.
   Yes, we can get all upset about "Happy Holidays" and people just celebrating Christmas for the presents.  However, it's wasted time.  Jesus doesn't need our help, though I'm sure He appreciates it when we are His loving helpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment