Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Traditions

   Today my son and I had a long talk about how I was not in control of how he spends his time.  Though I wanted him to go to my concert tonight and to my cousins tomorrow for Christmas dinner, he only wanted to go to my concert.  He wanted to have Christmas dinner with his dad and Dad's new wife and start a new tradition.
   Honestly, I didn't take this well.  His dad had taken him to Ohio all Thanksgiving which was horrible for me.  I couldn't yell or cry because I just got my throat clear and feeling good with the antibiotics and rest, so that I could sing tonight.  I couldn't go for a walk, because I've been lying down for a week trying to recover and didn't want to relapse from exertion. 
   Then I remembered our priest saying "Rejoice, Praise, and Thanks" when you're upset.  So I thought of things about which I could rejoice, praise, and be thankful.  I rejoiced that God has cleared my voice so that I can sing tonight.  I praised God, because He always is there for me and knows what I can handle and what I can't.  I thanked God for my son and daughter's good health and that all my relatives are well tonight. 
    I felt better and got to work on baking an apple and pumpkin pie for tonight.  Tonight we are starting a new mother and son Christmas Eve tradition.  We had greasy Chinese food which we both love and it lubricates my throat for singing.  Then he'll go to the concert with me, and afterwards we'll eat pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment