Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Shipping

     It's pouring rain outside, so I thought, "Great no one is crazy enough to go to the post office during this downpour."  Wrong!  There were no parking spaces and a long line of cars trying to park.  I just drove through the parking lot and aborted that post office attempt.  I'll try again another day.
     At least I already shipped off the big box to my daughter last week.  She'll be spending her first Christmas away from us.  She's getting her Christmas ornaments that I've been giving her all these years!  Now she'll understand what I was thinking when I gave them a couple for Christmas each year.
     She's also getting a copy of my memoir, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro."  She's never read it before.  My kids are old enough now to know what was going on behind closed doors.  I'm hoping that during the long holiday break, they'll have time to process their feelings before college starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment