Saturday, November 26, 2011

Surf Day!

    It's been a few months since the last time that I surfed.  I was telling my friend who's a pro surfer that I was scared after doing a tango with the fin the last time I was surfing.  He understood my pain.  He had to do a massage on the 1" diameter lump that was left after 2 weeks of a nasty bruise from the impact of the slicing safety fin on the back of my knee.
   Then I remembered Roosevelt's saying, "The only thing to fear is fear itself!"  So today I went to the beach and surfed.  I'm a self-taught, beginning, long boarder which is why I get tossed about with my board a lot.  Today the waves were soft, so I was able to get up and actually maneuver my board!  I do believe that I'm going to have to add a surf day to my exercise regime.  I had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment