Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ready for the Feast!

   First of all, I want to thank God for another day here on Earth.  I never take my life here for granted anymore.  I also want to thank Him for my cat who can be annoying, but is purring with love for me and keeping my lap warm at the moment.  Thank you God for all the people who have shown me mercy, kindness, and love during this difficult time with my children in Ohio with their dad and his new wife for Thanksgiving.  Thank you for my son calling me and saying, "I love you, Mom."
   Though I've kept myself very occupied, making the apple pies alone last night, killed me.  Making apple pies is a family tradition where each family member has a part---peeling and slicing, making the dry mixture, and putting it all together into a pie with a carved decoration in the crust.  (It used to be much harder and require more family members without a apple peeler and corer device and Pillsbury pie crusts.)  At least tasting the boiled over juice from the cooked apple pie made the pain of missing my children ease.
    My aunt that I just visited said it well,  "Parents that have done their job well have truly empty nests."  My kids are now creating new, independent, adult lives that will benefit society.  It's heartbreaking to see what bad parenting creates.  Working with alternative high school and emotionally disturbed students truly makes me grateful that my kids have good hearts and passion.  Without passion a person just breathes air.
    Speaking of breathing in air, I must go to my cousins for Thanksgiving and breath in that delicious air of Thanksgiving dinner being prepared!  Now it's time to celebrate what we do have and focus our gratefulness on that!

                                                            Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
                                                                           Isolde

No comments:

Post a Comment