Sunday, November 27, 2011

The New Church Year

   Today was the first Sunday of the new catholic church year.  We also started using the new English prayers and liturgical responses.  I guess that our coloquial English responses didn't quite mean the same thing as the original Latin responses.  Now the English matches the Latin, so catholic liturgy is truly universal in all the catholic churches in all the world now!  Hopefully, we'll have the new English responses memorized when the seasonal Christmas crowd visits, so we can teach them, too!
   On a different note, I had a lovely day of traveling the ocean along Ponto Beach and South Carlsbad State Beach.  The seal and some dolphins approached me today.  I just wish my new GoPro2 had a zoom!  I can never see them when I replay the video.  I do have a video of kayaking through a tame tidal outflow from the Batiquitos Lagoon.  Kayaking through this tidal current is my version of whitewater rafting!  Also, enjoy my kayak surfing.  I didn't hit a single person as I surfed into the sand!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment