Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

    Until today I have always stayed clear of shopping on Black Friday.  I don't like crowds and tend to do most of my Christmas shopping months in advance.  However, my cousin asked me if I wanted to go to the craft fairs in the hill country near us and that sounded like an appealing new experience.
    We first went to Bate's Nut Farm in Valley Center.  Many local craft makers busily sold their unusual, homemade wares.  My cousin taught me her circuit and said, "You just walk through, look, and never know what you'll find.  Something might speak to you."  Something did, and I got a most unusal gift for my daughter.  I also bought Prailine Fudge and dried fruits (mangos, pineapple, papaya, and appricots) at their main store for me.  Yum!
    After that we headed into Canterbury Gardens in Escondido.  The mass of upscale Christmas decorations in this store was overwhelming!  We spent well over an hour just looking at all the decorated Christmas trees.  I found something quite special for my son there. 
    Finally, we headed to Myrtle Creek Nursery in Fallbrook.  They sell Christmas trees, decorations, and Christmas cactus.  O.K. being a retired landscape designer, I just had to buy a Christmas cactus for a present.  Once I selected an appropriate pot, the nursery help potted my cactus and put moss over the soil for free!  It's a lovely present now.  :-)
    So I am now a veteran of my version of Black Friday!
    I also participated in Cyber Friday.  I bought some good presents here, too:  http://www.picnicworld.net/.

No comments:

Post a Comment