Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ponto Beach Afternoon Delight Kayaking



    What a beautiful afternoon to kayak off Ponto Beach. A big wave rolled me while I tried to get through the surf, and I lost my cheap sunglasses, but it was worth it!.  My surfer friend, John, gave me a lesson in watching for south swells, and shoved me off with the order to paddle hard!  I just made it out between some big sets to the open water which was at times quite glassy!  There were no dolphins around, but the little seal that steals from the lobster traps was breaching a lot.  He's on the video but is too far away. 
     My re-entry was a tiddly wink episode.  A big wave snuck up on me as I got backside and there was no leaning far enough backwards against my kayak tail.  My front tip dug in to the water, the wave pushed the kayak tail vertically, and I launched!  It made for a great sunsetting-tiddly-winking-kayak picture for the tourists from Tennessee!  The sunset didn't need any help from me for a great picture, however.  It was spectacular with painted streaks of parallel clouds framing it!P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment