Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sacramento, The Home of Athletic Outdoor Fun!

   Only in Sacramento can I go kayaking in the evening amongst Canadian geese and deer on a long, glassy lake and the next day go Spring skiing at a world-reknown ski resort, Squaw Valley.


     I hadn't skied for about 15 years, so I was a bit nervous. After a few hours I was moguling steep mountainsides again. Skiing is like bicycling---it comes right back to you.  I even rescued the ski of a 25-year-old man, who crashed on the moguls right below me!  That must have been something for him and his friends to see---to have the older lady skiing down the moguls well without using poles and delivering a ski! lol

      I have to say that I had the most scenic place to eat lunch after a fabulous morning of skiing.
Then it was time to ski down from my lunch perch.
      After this great ski day I learned how to stand-up paddleboard at the Sacramento State Aquatic Center.  That was much easier than I thought!  That sport really tones your core muscles and many levels of fitness can do Stand-up Paddleboarding.
     Immediately after my afternoon class, I showered up and headed up to Nevada City to go to the Community Asian Theatre of the Sierras (CATS) with my dad and see "The Teahouse of the August Moon.  It was a little slow in the beginning, but as soon as Lotus Blossom showed up, the play was really entertaining and kept me awake after so much physical activity earlier.  I laughed and was mezmerized by the Geisha Fan Dance that Lotus Blossom performed so professionally.  You didn't need to know Japanese, but if you do, I'm sure that it'd be even more humorous!  I would highly reccommend this play which runs through May 5, 2012.

P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment