Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Goslings Are Born!

     On Thursday my high school friend with whom I started kayaking showed me a goose nest on a river boulder in Lake Natoma.  The mom was missing, so I got to look at the big goose eggs nestled in goose down.
     After talking with my friend for a while in the little cove by this boulder, we watched the mother fly back to the nest.
       By our Sunday kayak trip the eggs were hatched and the goslings were bobbing around.  Many geese were on guard around the nest.  When a nearby cliff diver splashed into the water, one gosling was so startled that it fell into the water from the nest.

P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment