Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tahoe Matters Closed

   After a long and arduous road leaving North Tahoe to come home to Sacramento, I've finally closed the open business.  When all the harassment was heightening, I told my close colleagues that G_d would take care of things for me.  Indeed He did.
   My landlord finally sent me the check for the repairs that I did on his home after he made me go to small claims court twice---once for a venue challenge and once for the actual case.  I won because my dad's girlfriend instructed me to write two pleasant letters to the landlord requesting the funds and then filed a suit when he missed the deadlines.  The judge was also swayed by the repairs being safety and sewage related which must be done for occupancy of a renter.
    With great relief I can say that my ex-fiance sold his home and moved to Israel after he left me when my harassment from the administration of the high school in North Tahoe became so intense that I needed legal help.  Since we worshiped in the same place in Sacramento, I decided to do what Alanis Morissette would do per her song, "You Oughta Know." I stayed visible, made sure that he could hear my voice when I sang, and dressed more beautifully than before to remind him of the mess that he made by breaking up with me after 2.5 years, and 2 months before we were to get married.   My community was equally disturbed by what he did, so he had many cold shoulders and much restrained silence which hastened his quick and complete departure.
    Back at the high school in North Tahoe, they had an unprecedented 6 teachers leave the district and their seniority, including the math teacher that took over for me.  So out of the 3 math teachers, only the teacher who is retiring in 3-4 years remains.  That will be a bit hard to rebuild the upper division math classes from scratch!  The superintendent and district HR director involved in creating the poorly researched accusations made about me both resigned at the end of this year.  My 12-page rebuttal with my lawyer's stamp of approval to their accusations and the angry parents that liked me were the nail in their unplanned departure, I'm sure.  When I left the final meeting with this HR director I said, "I guess G_d wants me back home,"  to make sure that he knew that he'd attacked a holy woman.
    There is one more culprit though, who did not have a direct consequence---the principal.  She does have to explain why no one new wants to work for her.  She also has to rebuild her staff, but I think that G_d has something else planned for her---the normal thing that He does when people go out of their way to hurt me.  I'll just be waiting for it to happen.


P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment