Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Kayaking Lake Natoma

     While kayaking regularly at Negro Bar on Lake Natoma I noticed that they were letting a lot of water out of Folsom Lake Dam last week.  This creates river-like conditions on Upper Lake Natoma and makes saying, "Hi!" to the Folsom Prison warden a challenge, so I took some videos.  I also took some videos on a slower water release day for comparison.  The final video is of the Upper Lagoon on Lake Natoma.  It's quite beautiful, but now that the water is lower, it's harder to access some areas of it.  There were a few mama's with their chicks which was adorable!


P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment