Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Second Match Maker Match

     It's been several months since I had the Jewish match makers search a 3000 mile radius for a match for me.  I knew that it'd be difficult, but I didn't expect to not have a single match.  I felt like the orthodox male community had abandoned me, so I asked the match making website to cancel my account,  I was just going to have to have G_d fling the man in front of me once again while I was on one of my adventures.  The website asked for more time and increased their search efforts for me.
     Before I met my ex-fiance I cried in the isolation of my bedroom to G_d, "Where is my Adam?"  A week later my ex-fiance quickly appeared on Lake Natoma when we were the only ones on the lake.  In retrospect I realized that I asked G_d for the first man.  He gave me the man who would allow me to find my Jewish roots.  He gave me the man who would lead me to my understanding of my Jewish ancestry.  He gave me the man that would help me to become a legal Jew, instead of an assimilated one.
     G_d had recently led me to another Jewish man who understood the spiritual part of me on a base level.  He is a ghost hunter.  I joked with him that if I went on a ghost tour that I would probably ruin the business, because I'd tell the souls where they were and where they needed to go.  He loves this part of me, though he only knows a small portion of my gifts.  He also helped me to celebrate my spiritual energy, and I started to reorganize my home and especially my bedroom to make it a spiritual power house, because of his adoration of my soul's power.
    Unfortunately, I knew that he was not the one for me.  We met to help each other. He needed to lose over 100 pounds and had unchecked food addition issues.  I'd already dealt with all my addictive tendencies, so when he asked me to regulate his food, I knew that he was asking me to be his codependent.  I danced around his request and kept being supportive from afar.
     In my own gated community, I was being a bit stocked.  A handsome and charming man who grew up in the socialite circles of my childhood neighborhood was renting a home near me and realized that I read my book at the pool every Saturday afternoon.  So he'd come join me.  I enjoyed our conversations and catching up on what the socialites were doing while my mom and dad were busy volunteering and making our community better.  He was very respectful of my celebration of Sabbath, but I did feel like I was just a mark for him to live in a home in a nice neighborhood, since he'd never be able to afford a home there.
     My hair dresser and I talked about this.  She was so worried, since the male wolves were starting to circle me that she thought that I'd better try to make things work with the man that has wanted to date me for 35 years.  I love him dearly and trust him like no other man whom I'm not related.  He would never break my heart and care for me and love me so intensely, but I didn't know if he was the one that G_d wanted for me.  Right when I was finally free to date him, I completed my orthodox Jewish conversion which made it improper for us to be together.  To me that was G_d saying, "I know that you love him, but it's not your path."
     So a few weeks ago I again cried in the isolation of my bedroom, "Where is my husband?  The one who will help me to do what I have to do for you?"
     Within a week, on July 6th, a Jewish match maker let me read yet another rejection of a match for me.  Here I was trying so desperately to shield my heart from any more rejection, but I bravely read it.  It was full of tenderness and understanding and respect.  I'd never met a man like this.  He was actually looking for someone exactly like me, but he couldn't do the fitness requirements for climbing Mt. Whitney.  I'd forgotten that I'd put that in my profile!  He also wasn't technically oriented as I requested, but he joked that his grandfather was one of the engineers that built Hoover Dam.
    On July 7th I wrote back to the match maker,
"Hi Deborah,
    I don't know if I timed out and my reply made it to you, so I'll keep it short this time.  Yes, I would love to talk to him.  Physical fitness and being technically oriented are not so important to me, as the other areas where we do align.  I will have to edit my profile a bit to emphasize this.
    Shalom,
                 Isolde (Deborah Ruth)"

     Now as I've mentioned before, G_d communicates big corrections in my life to me on July 7th.  So this was a monumental match, and I don't have to even know my match to know this.  He accepted my match on July 9th.  After reading his profile over and over again and overcoming my issue with finding the "accept" button, I finally accepted his match on July 11th.  I liked his Buddhist statement:  "There are two questions I should ask yourself:  Where am I going? and Who will go with me?  If you ever get those questions in the wrong order, you are in trouble." I've been forgetting to honor the first question, because I hate to be alone for long periods.
    My match and I finally talked on the phone on July 13th and talked for 5.25 hours!  It was amazing to meet someone who could see me hiding inside of this body, someone whose soul is on the exact difficult journey for which my soul was sent down here to complete, someone who I didn't have to wear a fig leaf around.  After we finally ended our conversation on the phone, I did what I haven't done for over 10 years---my soul traveled to another person.  While I laid in bed and held my pillow in my arms, my soul laid next to him and gently caressed his shoulder and arm as he lay in bed thousands of miles away.  When I returned to just me, I slept with a smile on my face and saw G_d's light beaming down upon me.  Thank you G_d!


P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment