Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sometimes Doing What God Asks Is Beyond Difficult!

     When my son, Drew, was in the ICU in a medicated coma with two bruised lungs from his car accident, I asked God while resting my head on my pillow on my son's hospital bed, "What can I do for you to heal my son?" 
      His answer was not what I wanted to hear.  "You must apologize to your ex-husband for leaving him with nothing."
      "I don't know what to say?  How can I possibly find that apology within me when I don't feel that I did anything wrong?  You told me not to intervene and give him the $10,000 when we left each other."
      Then His words filled me.  I wrestled with them as I calmly rested my head.  Oh, I didn't want to lift my head and tell Parker what I had to tell him, but I had to do so to save my son.  I slowly raised my head and looked at my ex-husband, Parker, with his new wife in his lap being cute newly weds while fretting about Drew's condition.
      My mouth opened and the words flowed out effortlessly, "Parker, I'm sorry that I was the instrument that God used to bring you to the bottom.  You've become a better person because of that though, and you have a wife that can meet your needs that I could never meet.  I'm happy for you."
      Parker responded immediately, "Wow, that must have been really hard for you to say."
      That was an understatement!

P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment