Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wake Up Calls

     When I feel distant from God, he always makes sure to give me a wake up call to completely rely upon him again.  I guess that I've been spending so much time focusing on building "My" new life, I forgot that this is really "God's" new life for me.  Being forgetful about who gave me a second chance at life is never good.
      First, my cousin, Andy, got a third round of nonHodgkins Type B lymphoma and will be getting stem cell replacement.  Hopefully, that will cure him permanently from this continual struggle with lymphoma.  Then while I was getting my blood drawn for my new doctor in Sacramento, I got a call from my ex-husband that my son was in the ICU at Scripts La Jolla and was being incubated.
      One thing that I've learned is the power of massive healing prayer from many.  So I joined the prayer warriors for my cousin and enlisted my prayer warriors from Facebook and all the churches at which I formerly worshipped in San Diego to pray for my son to heal quickly.  Then I flew to be by my son's side to hold his hand and pray for him right next to him.
      Miraculously, my son survived a terrible roll over accident that shut down I-5 near Camp Pendleton.  Miraculously, he had no broken bones or stitches.  Miraculously, God's angels protected him.  (I pray that God surround my children with angels for protection every night btw.)  Miraculously, he is healing quickly from two bruised lungs and a small brain bleed.  Miraculously, he should be able to be back to normal in a week.
      Thank you God!  I love you God!  Glory to you God forever and ever!

P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment