Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Getting Psyched for Skiing!

   Water conveys energy on so many levels.  This energy revives me while I'm kayaking on it, swimming in it, hiking through it, or skiing on top of it.  With our cold storms with heavy rains my students and I were excited for the snow, so I watched my skiing videos from 2014 and got psyched up for visiting my old haunts at Squaw Valley and Alpine.  I definitely need to train, so I don't get hurt this season!
   While exploring Alpine Meadows I just followed ski tracks and got a bit lost on this adventure!
    My GoPro can be a bit difficult to adjust for videos.  A few times it fell downward and took a video of my legs moguling.

This is a great mogul run which is way off the beaten path at Granite Chief at Squaw Valley.

I did have a nasty fall down this shoot when I hit some ice.  I belly flopped on my apple and severely bruised my ribs.  I learned to cut my apple into slices or just have soft fruit in my lunch, if I'm going to store my lunch in the front of my body suit.
Olympic Lady is my favorite run at Squaw Valley.  It's where I'd always find my expert skiing friends each year and catch up.  The lift isn't operated anymore, but you can still get to the East Bowl with a little work!
A random expert skier that had the same skill level as me joined me for the day, so I put him to work and had him take video of me!
I had to put a KT-22 video in.  This is Northface.  The Westface was solid ice that day and couldn't be skied by even experts.
This shows how tough it is to ski on ice and why I'm alone on Granite Chief!


P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment