Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Training Day on Training Hill at the North Fork of the American River

   When my son and I climbed Mt. Diablo two weeks ago, it took me about 5 days to not feel any sore muscles.
    Realizing that I was in terrible shape, I googled the hardest trail near Sacramento and found that Training Hill at the confluence of the North Fork of the American River was the spot to take my son and continue to improve our climbing strength.  It is 1000 feet of straight up!!! The reward is the beautiful meadows shaded by Oak trees.  We had a lovely hike and continued on the Olmstead and Western Loop trails.  The wildflowers were spectacular!


















P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment