Sunday, April 26, 2015

To the Victims of the Nepal Earthquake and Mt. Everest


     My heart goes out to the victims of the Nepal earthquake, especially those that died doing what they loved and were drawn to do---climb the highest mountain in the world knowing it's a killer, Mt. Everest. It is such a reminder of the danger of our addiction to climbing high mountains. Two died while I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, no one died when I climbed Mt. Shasta, and let's hope that no one will die the day we climb Mt. Whitney. Because I love my children and want to see my grandchildren and my daughter told me the statistics of high altitude female climbers getting more heart attacks in their mid 50's, this will be the last high mountain for me. Hopefully, I'll get her climbed this time. 


smile emoticon



P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!


P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment