Sunday, March 27, 2016

Trying Out My New Eddyline Sky 10 Kayak!

     It was hard to get a new kayak, but my dear brother, Rabbi Aryeh, insisted that CAyakgirl could not be without a safe kayak.  My Cobra Play got a hull fracture in the sitting area after 10 years of constant use.  I have the crack duct taped sealed after drilling the ends of the crack to prevent further cracking.  So this is my maiden voyage on my Eddyline Sky 10 at Lake Natoma near the western end.  It's quite different from my Cobra Play.
This is the lower lagoon.
Next adventure was at Negro Bar on Lake Natoma near the eastern end.  I had to see how this kayak handles in the current.
The currents in the canyon were a little treacherous for my first time on an intermediate kayak.  The skeg also doesn't allow me to turn on a dime like the Cobra Play.  I'll have to get used to that.
This is the upper lagoon.
I ended up in a nest of Red Slider Turtles here!

P.S.  To my blog readers:  If you want to support a struggling math/engineering teacher and author, please buy my first book, "The Romance of Kilimanjaro," soon to be followed by my second book at:  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781613464960         Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment